The Muir Moments

The Muir Moments

Friday, October 5, 2012

Flashback Friday- General Conference

This weekend is General Conference.  When I was growing up my family lived in Memphis, TN so conference wasn't broadcast onto our tv like it is here in Utah- we had to go to our stake center and watch the sessions.  As a kid, my parents would have us choose which session we wanted to go to and it seemed like that session would be 8 hours long!  Then when I left on my mission to Australia, the time change was so different that they would choose 2 sessions and broadcast those 2 for our Sunday meeting and I craved more!!  Now it is one of my favorite times of the year- getting to be inspired by our prophet and apostles is something I still crave and look forward to every six months.  Even though I live in Utah the tickets are hard to come by to get into the conference center.  One year, I think it was October 2005 but I'm so bad with dates, Love and I along with my sister and her family decided to go up to Salt Lake and sit on the lawn and listen to conference.  It was so much fun!  Here are some of the pictures that we took that day.

The Salt Lake City Temple

Thousands of people just sit on the lawn as they broadcast conference over speakers.  Me with my niece and nephews.


Aren't they so cute and little!!
Love and my brother-in-law.  Look how young they look!!

My brother-in-law and two of my cute nephews!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment