The Muir Moments

The Muir Moments

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Cookies for Santa

On Christmas Eve we made some cookies for Santa, they are just like sugar cookies except you don't have to cut them out and frost each one (I know I know- I'm all for anything easier!) P had such a fun time putting the sprinkles on them. At first he would just pick up one pinch of sprinkles and put them on the cookies but at the end he decided he was done and just dumped the rest of the plate onto the batch. We then cut them into squares and put them on a special santa cookie plate with a note to Santa. I turned my back for a minute and Love started eating the cookies off of the plate. Now I know we are still new at this whole parenting thing, but come on who eats the cookies for santa before we can even get them set out for santa. It did make me laugh so hard though because that's just Love, and I love him so much!!!


HERE'S THE RECIPE
1-1/2 C sugar
2/3 C butter, softened
2 eggs
2 tbs milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
3-1/2 C flour
2-1/2 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 tsp salt
Beat together sugar and butter until creamy. Mix in eggs, milk, and vanilla. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to sugar mixture and mix until flour is just barely incorporated. Do not over mix! Press into a jelly-roll pan (dough is too soft to cut out with cookie cutters.) Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Do not over bake. Cool completely, then frost. Cut into 2" bars.
Frosting:
1/2 C butter
1 lb powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp almond extract (optional)
milk
Beat butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, salt, and almond extract together in a large bowl. While beating add milk until mixture becomes smooth and a frosting-like consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment