
My dad and I decided to compete in the Freedom 5K Run on the 4th of July. Our main goal was to finish and not finish last. There were 2020 finishers (I think more people ran, but didn't register) and my dad was 1901 and I was 1909. It was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be, but we acheived our goal and next year we'll do better.
Thanks dad for running with me, it meant alot to do it with you!
After the 5K we went to the parade. My sister-in-law's family always sits in the same spot every year and they were nice enough to come and let our family crash with them. Every year it is so unbelievably HOT that you can hardly stand it, but this year we got a little rain shower in the beginning to cool us down and it made the rest of the parade pleasant. They have done away with alot of the political floats and people campaining for office (which I hate!!) so I thought the parade was a lot better this year. P did so much better this year than he did last year. He loved the horses, but mostly just loved being their with his cousins.

Grandma Dorothy, my baby brother and his dog Mocha waiting out the rainstorm.

My sister's family huddled under a blanket.

Mom and Dad taking shelter under a tree.

P and n/n #9 watching the parade.

n/n #11 enjoying a bagel.

Our parade goers.

This is probably the funniest picture of the day to Love and I. . .While we were at the parade the family next to us had bags of popcorn that they were eating and next thing we knew P had gone over and asked the lady if he could share her popcorn with her. She was so nice and shared with him but I was mortified that he would go beg food off of a complete stranger!
No comments:
Post a Comment